Europa Universalis IV was released today on Steam, and to entice people to pick it up they have put out a launch trailer. In the trailer they depict the empire of Sweden as it seems to be planning for attack against England, describing how it manages Swedish North America, the Swedish Caribbean and Swedish Africa.
Here’s the press release:
[toggle_simple title=”Press Release” width=”Width of toggle box”]Paradox Development Studio is ready to take you to worlds both old and new in Europa Universalis IV, and give you the chance to conquer them – if you can withstand the double-dealing and aggression of your rivals. Europa Universalis IV gives you control of a nation to guide it through the years and create a dominant global empire in the Age of Discovery. The game offers unprecedented freedom through the use of exploration, trade, warfare and diplomacy to let you rule however you see fit. Strategists will face ruthless AI in an extensive single-player campaign, or be able to backstab friends and foes in 32-player online matches.
Europa Universalis IV is now available at digital distributors everywhere for $39.99, with the Deluxe Extreme Edition available for $44.99. To view a complete list of outlets carrying the game, please visit www.europauniversalis4.com/buy
A free demo is available for curious conquerors, allowing players to sample 28 years of in-game history as one of four starting nations. Download the Europa Universalis IV demo at:http://store.steampowered.com/app/236850/
Europa Universalis IV Main Features:
- Make your own decisions: Nation building is completely flexible and the possibilities are endless.
- Bring out your negotiating skills in a deeper diplomatic system: Use coalitions, royal marriages and support for rebels and explore the possibilities of the new unilateral opinion system.
- Use your Monarch Power: Experience the new system of monarch power where your choices are influenced by the caliber of the man you have at the top and will direct the ebb and flow of gameplay.
- Experience the all new trade system: The trade system adds a new dimension to the great trade empires of the period. Gain control of vital trade routes and make the wealth of the world flow to your coffers.
- Experience history coming to life: The great personalities of the past are on hand to support you as you make your mark on thousands of historical events
- Turn the world into your playground: Enjoy hundreds of years of gameplay in a lush topographical map complete with dynamic seasonal effects.
- Engage in Cross-platform Multiplayer: Battle against your friends or try the co-operative multiplayer mode that allows several players to work together to control a single nation with up to 32 players. Featuring hotjoin, improved chat, new matchmaking servers and support for a standalone servers.
- Create your own history & customize your game: Europa Universalis IV gives you the chance to customize and mod practically anything your heart may desire and uses Steam Workshop.
Following on the success of the critically acclaimed strategy/RPG Crusader Kings II, Paradox Development Studio is ready to let you fulfill your quest for global domination. For more information about Europa Universalis IV, please visit www.europauniversalis4.com.
Check out the trailer here: