On 20th March, Home Entertainment Supplier Pty Ltd (HES) announced “Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition” also know as; Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge 2 and All Blacks Rugby Challenge 2. For any else who has been left with a sour taste in their mouth after the 6 Nations, this is the game to wait for! I’m going to be straight there to replay England vs Wales, and to secure Harlequins their Aviva Premiership victory. With licenses acquired once again Rugby Challenge 2 will provide the user with known players, greater in depth gameplay and what seems to be outstanding graphics.
The Official Report:
“The features and content of Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition include:
• Play in Single Match Mode, multi-team Competition Mode, a vastly expanded multi-year Career Mode, Tutorial Mode, or compete in online multiplayer with support up to 4v4 via PlayStation®Network, Xbox LIVE®, or Steam
• Refined and expanded gameplay with the addition of quick taps, quick lineouts, mauls from lineouts, interceptions, contesting ball at the breakdown, removing players from the ruck, number 8 scrum pickups, and dynamic in game team strategies on both attack and defence
• 110+ teams and 50+ stadia from around the world featured including official team, competition, and special match licenses for the All Blacks, the Qantas Wallabies, the USA Eagles, Bledisloe Cup, British and Irish Lions 2013 Tour of Australia, Barbarians FC, Combined Country, Super Rugby teams, Aviva Premiership Rugby, TOP 14 Orange, Pro D2, RaboDirect PRO12, ITM Cup, and Ranfurly Shield
• More options to create or customise players, teams, and competitions, and change game rules and behaviour to shape the game to play how you want and keep the game fresh year after year
• Revamped sound and commentary systems, with real-time commentary from seasoned rugby commentators Grant Nisbett and former All Black turned commentator Justin Marshall, and French language commentary from Eric Bayle and Thomas Lombard”