Forza Motorsport 4 is coming up fast with just a few months left to go. Turn 10 have recently announced that gamers who buy the limited edition version will get access to 25 extra cars along with a few extra goodies.
The standard pre-order cars are as follows
- Subaru Impreza WRX STI, available exclusively when pre-ordering at GAME
- MINI John Cooper Works Clubman, available exclusively when pre-ordering at Gamestation
- Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde, available exclusively when pre-ordering at Amazon.co.uk
- Honda CR-Z EX, available exclusively when pre-ordering at HMV
- BMW 1 Series M Coupe, available exclusively when pre-ordering at The Hut, Zavvi.com, Shopto.net and Play.com
The Ltd Edtion will cost you £59.99. And for that you’ll get a fancy steel case, the VIP car pack, a 10 car pack of american muscle cars (also available on XBL), custom designed BMWs from the Forza 4 BMW design challenge and VIP status within the Forza community. You also get a couple of top gear goodies, you’ll get yourself a book titled “Cars of Forza Motorsport 4 Presented by Top Gear”. A 96 page book written by the team that describes the in game cars and contains a Top Gear photo library.
The VIP pack gives you access to these cars
- 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
- 2011 Ferrari 458 Challenge
- 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
- 2010 Noble M600
- 2011 RUF Rt 12R
If you pre-order the limited edition you’ll get access to this extra group of cars
- 1965 Ford Mustang GT coupe
- 2011 Koenigsegg Agera
- 1997 Lexus SC300
- 2011 RUF RGT-8
- 2011 Tesla Roadster Sport
There are some very good cars there. A much better selection than you got the last time round. I have to wonder about the 97 Lexus SC300, seems kind of ordinary really, but the rest of those are fantastic cars. Chances are it’ll be sometime before the car pack/VIP membership is released as DLC so if you want to own these cars the only way is to get the limited edition.
If the VIP status is anything like the previous games, this will give you preferential treatment when it comes to the online store and auction house. Turn 10 also say you will have special recognition in the leaderboards, forzamotorsport.net and more. So if you’re into your tuning, painting or hot lapping then it sounds like this is the version for you.
Included with all that you will also get the BMW design challenge pack, which will include a group of custom designed beemers. These include the brand new 2012 BMW M5, the M3 E92, the Z4 M coupe and the 1981 M1. Also included will be a design created by the winner of the design challenge, this will be a customised M6 coupe
So the limited edition looks like an improvement this time round. An extra £10 may sound like a large chunk, but it seems like you get a lot more for your money.
For now feast your eyes on some of the screenshots taken from the recent E3 event.