Kaos Studios has announced the first DLC pack for Homefront. The “Fire Sale” map pack includes two new multiplayer maps that will “carry you further into the heart of a war torn and twisted America”. They also released a new patch to which has fixed some of the problems with the multiplayer.
Kaos also announced a 870 express shotgun is being release, however there is no info whether this will be as additional DLC. As a token of gesture to thank gamers who have supported Homefront despite the initial problems, Kaos are also releasing a free Premium Homefront Theme.
The game’s official forums has listed the improvements that were included in the patch:
• Assist points for vehicle kills
• Rank Resets
• Game returns to MP menu instead of Main Menu after leaving a match
• Max ping limits for server connections (prevent connections to distant servers)
• Game freeze & hitching
• Joining Friends feature
• Beacon errors
• Party Connectivity
• Various other fixes
After you have downloaded the patch, you may notice that an “Ability Pack” has now become available. This pack will add some perks to your character when you play a multiplayer mode:
[box_light]• Ice Cold: Invisible on thermal views and airstrike sensors
• Situational Awareness: Enemy gamertag appears when shot
• EMP Tactician: Deal more damage vs EMP’d vehicles
• Short Fuse: Reduced cook time on frag grenades
• Bomb Suit: Take less damage from explosives
The “Fire Sale” pack, 870 Express Shotgun and Premium Homefront Theme are due to be released on June 7th. A price has not been confirmed for the shotgun or the map pack; the theme will be free.